Well, this is it… My last two weeks with my current employer have begun. It’s hectic and crazy. Never thought I’d work this hard in my farewell-period. 10 Years at Synergics have flown away. There have been good times and bad times, better known as interesting times. I’ve had the opportunity to work with great colleagues and exiting infrastructure. I will bid goodbye to an 1/8 EXADATA 4.2 and its little brother ODA. Dataguard, Streams, RAC, Grid, Oracle Cloud Control, PL/SQL, Linux and much more have gone through my hands.
Now it’s time for another adventure at M-Team. I will get the opportunity to learn IBM’s DB2 and get to know new people. Can’t wait to start.
Yet, I have decided to do some freelance work as Oracle DBA outside office hours, be it just to keep Oracle in the fingers. I’ve been doing it for 15 years, it would be such a shame to lose it.
If you’re interested, here’s part of my resume….
Oracle DBA at Synergics / Attentia 2007– present
- Senior Oracle DBA (Oracle Certified Professional Oracle 11g Database Administration)
- Currently we have a setup of databases on Oracle Engineered Systems (EXADATA and Oracle Database Appliance) in Real Application Cluster 18.104.22.168 on Oracle Linux.
- Migrations and upgrades up to Oracle 12c/Oracle 11
- High Availability setup using DataGuard and Oracle streams.
- Scripting (SHELL and PL/SQL)
- Security (auditing, virtual private database, encryption)
- Storage management on ASM, ZFS, earlier NetApp
- Backup and Recovery through RMAN, SnapManagement Utility for ZFS, Snap Manager for Oracle, Datapump.
- Oracle12c Multitenant Architecture
- Monitoring: Oracle Entreprise Manager and Nagios
- Oracle VM on ODA
- Experience with Oracle 7 up to 12.
Oracle DBA at EPSS/Europay and MasterCard Europe (Waterloo) 2002-2007
Support at EPSS/Europay Network Management Center (Shift leader as of 1999) 1997-2001
Before 1997: working in Performing Arts
Oracle Certified Professional 11g (March 2016)
Wetenschappelijke A @Sint-Laurensinstituut Zelzate 1983-1986
Kandidaat in de Germaanse Filologie (Engels-Duits) @Universiteit Gent. 1986-1988
Germaanse Filologie (Engels-Literatuurwetenschappen) @Universiteit Gent (geen thesis) 1988-1990
Meester in de Dramatische Kunsten (Theater) @RITS Brussel 1990-1994
Specifieke Lerarenopleiding @Avondschool Gent – partieel 2013-2014
- Dutch: Native Speaker
- English: Excellent in writing and speaking
- French: Excellent in speaking, moderate in writing
- German: Moderate speaking and writing.
- Spanish: Holiday level